Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital > Patient's Info > Visitor Information
Visitors are an important part of a patient's recovery. We welcome visitors and we regulate visiting hours so the patient may receive the best possible care. Please observe the following visitor guidelines:
- Limit guests to two visitors per patient at one time.
- Limit visits to 10 or 15 minutes to avoid tiring the patient.
- Leave the patient's room during the doctor's visit, while treatment is being given, or upon request of the nurse.
- Children age six to 11 may visit if accompanied by a responsible adult. Otherwise, visiting is restricted to those age 12 and above. In the Family Birth Center, please check with the nursing staff to make arrangements for sibling visits.
- Children under the age of six may visit after making arrangements with the nursing staff or physician.
- Do not leave children unattended in the lobby or waiting areas.
- Smoking is absolutely prohibited by law anywhere in the hospital.
- If you are not feeling well or have a slight cough or sneeze, please do not jeopardize the patient's health by visiting.
Tobacco is not permitted anywhere on hospital property, including parking lots and surrounding lawns.
If another time is necessary, please check with the nursing staff to make special arrangements.
- Medical/Surgical Patients - 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Family Birth Center - 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Fathers may visit anytime. Only brothers and sisters of the newborn may visit after arrangement made with nursing.
- ICU Varied visitation schedule based on patient's condition. Visitors are to use the intercom system prior to entering the ICU.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by responsible adult. Children under 6 may visit only with approval of physician and/or nurse. Use the intercom in the waiting room to arrange visits.
There are times when a family member may wish to stay with a patient. If you feel the need to stay, speak with the nursing staff to make arrangements.
Parking for patients and visitors is available in the lots located in front of the Main Entrance and the Medical Clinic Buildings (off of Central Ave.). For your safety, escort services to and from your car are available by contacting the operator, (316) 321-3300.
Visitors are welcome to dine in the Hospital cafeteria which is located on the first floor.
| ||Hours of Operation|
Monday - Friday
6:30 - 10:00 a.m.
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
If a patient asks you to join him or her at mealtime, a guest tray may be requested. Selections need to be made at least two hours in advance. The guest tray will be served when patient meals are served. The guest's meal should be paid for at the time it is received. Please notify the nursing staff for assistance.