Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital > About Us > Coronavirus Resources for Providers
Kansas Reportable Disease Form
Click here for the form physicians have to send to the State for all COVID-19 testing.
Lab Patient Testing Information
Effective 3/25/2020, the SBAMH Laboratory will send all Covid-19 testing to Quest Diagnostics. Please read the following specimen handling and ordering requirements.
- Provider must send a written or electronic order (including signature and appropriate codes), patient demographics and billing information to the SBA Laboratory before scheduling outpatient specimen collection.
- The test will be billed to the patient and/or insurance.
- All COVID-19 Laboratory outpatient collections will be handled in the patient’s vehicle.
- Outpatient specimen collection will take place at the Ambulance entrance at 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM, Monday through Friday.
- Notify the Laboratory of the expected arrival for outpatient specimen collection and have the patients call when they arrive at one of the specified times.
- Acutely ill ED patients may be swabbed Sunday through Friday noon.
- Inpatients may be swabbed Sunday through Friday noon.
- No collection after noon on Friday through Saturday midnight due to timing of transport of specimen to Quest. Specimens must be tested within 72 hours of collection.
- Upon inpatient admission, or at any time during an inpatient stay, if you are considering the patient a possible PUI and are planning to test for COVID-19, please inform the PCC immediately.
- All PUI’s and positive COVID-19 patients are to be in isolation.
Quest has informed us that turnaround time is 4-5 days and we will receive positive and negative results. The results will be placed in the patient’s EMR.
DUE TO LIMITED RESOURCES, PLEASE GIVE CONSIDERATION TO THE PATIENT’S SEVERITY OF SYMPTOMS. QUEST HAS ASKED US TO BE REASONABLE WITH OUR REQUESTS FOR TESTING SO THAT WE CAN ALL CONTINUE TO TAKE CARE OF THOSE PATIENTS WHO HAVE A MORE SEVERE NEED.
Should you have any questions, please contact Laboratory Manager, Celestia Seymour directly in the Lab at 316-322-4523 OR on her cell at 316-616-8346 (texting is also an option).
COVID-19 flyers and information
Click here for information for healthcare professionals from the CDC.