Welcome to the Online Childbirth Education Program offered by Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital. This interactive education program is for new parents, regardless of the location you've chosen to deliver your child.
The Gift of Motherhood eLearning Childbirth Education program is an alternative for those who cannot attend a conventional prepared childbirth class due to scheduling conflicts, time constraints, or physician ordered bed rest. This online program allows you to learn at your own pace and convenience to be prepared for your baby's birth. It also is useful as a refresher course for repeat parents.
The online childbirth class is an interactive, web-based program that includes animated illustrations, video, voice-overs, and games. It can be previewed on a PC or MAC and you can access the site at anytime, from the comfort of your own home. High speed internet is advised but dial-up will work; it will just take longer to download.
The eLearning Childbirth Education Program includes:
Topics covered within the eLearning Childbirth Education Program include:
- Access for 60 days, beginning from the date of your initial use (you will receive your personal code after you register and pay for the class).
- A monthly Childbirth support group that meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month
- (See the hospital information tab inside the program for directions and more specifics about the support group.) There is no additional charge for this Support Group whether you come one time or once a month.
- Tours of SBA's Family Birth Center can be arranged by appointment simply by calling the SBA Family Birth Center at 316-322-4536.
- Labor and Delivery
- Hospital Information
- Important Resources and Contacts (many active links which are useful in the future)
- Keeping Baby Safe
- Skin-to-Skin Contact for Mom and Baby
- Diet and Nutrition
- Get to Know Our Physicians
Class Fee:$40 for 60-day access (cash or debit/credit cards only)
To register and pay for the eLearning Childbirth Education Program, please call 316.321.8765.
For more information regarding the eLearning Childbirth Education Program, please call the SBA Family Birth Center at 316.322.4536.
To get started, click on the link below and enter the access code you were provided with your registration and purchase of the program.
Click here to login for the eLearning Class