Visitors are an important part of a patient's recovery. We want patients to have visitors, but it is our responsibility to regulate visiting hours so the patient may receive the best possible care. Please observe the following visiting guidelines:
- Only 2 visitors at one time.
- Limit visits to 10 - 15 minutes to avoid tiring the patient.
- Leave the patient's room during the doctor's visit, while treatment is being given, or upon request of the nurse.
- Children age 6-11 may visit if accompanied by a responsible adult. Otherwise, visiting is restricted to those age 12 and above. On the Family Birth Center, please check with the nursing staff to make arrangements for sibling visits.
- Children under the age of 6 may visit after making arrangements with the nursing staff or physician.
- Do not leave children unattended in the lobby or waiting areas.
- Smoking is absolutely prohibited anywhere in the Hospital.
Beginning October 1, 2006, tobacco will not be permitted anywhere on Hospital property, including parking lots, lawns, etc.
- If you are not feeling well or have a slight cough or sneeze, please do not jeopardize the patient's health by visiting.
- If the patient you are visiting is sharing a room, please be mindful of the other patient's privacy and need for rest.
(If another time is necessary, please check with the nursing staff to make special arrangements.)
- Medical/Surgical Patients - 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Family Birth Center - 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Fathers may visit anytime. Only brothers and sisters of the newborn may visit after arrangement made with nursing.
- ICU Varied visitation schedule based on patient's condition. Visitors are to use the intercom system prior to entering the ICU.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by responsible adult. Children under 6 may visit only with approval of physician and/or nurse. Use the intercom in the waiting room to arrange visits.
- Transitional Life Center - Due to the confidential nature of these admissions, very restricted visiting requirements are in place. Please call (316) 321-3300 ext. 450 to arrange visits.
Parking for patients and visitors is available in the lots located in front of the Main Entrance and the Medical Clinic Buildings (off of Central Ave.). For your safety, escort services to and from your car are available by contacting the operator, (316) 321-3300.
Visitors are welcome to dine in the Hospital cafeteria which is located on the first floor.
||Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
6:30 - 10:00 a.m.
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
If a patient asks you to join him or her at mealtime, a guest tray may be requested. Selections need to be made at least two hours in advance. The guest tray will be served when patient meals are served. The guest's meal should be paid for at the time it is received. Please notify the nursing staff for assistance.
There are times when a family member may wish to stay with a patient. If you feel the need to stay, speak with the nursing staff to make arrangements.
Auxiliary Gift Shop
The Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital Auxiliary maintains a Gift Shop, located just inside the Main Entrance. The Gift Shop stocks gift items, cards, balloons, and snack items for purchase by patients and guests. Gift Shop hours are: Monday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday until 8:00 p.m.), and Sunday, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. Click here for more information.
We believe the spiritual well-being of our patients and their families is an essential part of recovery. Clergy of all faiths are encouraged to minister to their parishioners. The El Dorado Ministerial Alliance provides an on-call chaplain for patient and family spiritual needs. At your request, the nursing staff will assist you in contacting your minister or the on-call chaplain. A non-denominational chapel is located on the second floor near the Gift Shop. The doors are open from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and will be opened at other times upon request. Bibles have been placed in bedside consoles for your use.